The Presidential Candidate of the CPP, Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom says when elected President, the first 100 days of his government will focus on issues of climate change as well as sanitation. He said well meaning but ineffective efforts to deal with the problem of sanitation can engender a national cancer. Dr. Nduom stated this at a Presidential debate on environment and climate change at the Fourth Annual Environmental Film Festival in Accra.
- Re: How to Design Wastewater Systems for Local Conditions in Developing Countries - by: christoph November 1, 2014Dear Manwiki, did you see, that IWA has a series of free pulications? They comply almost every aspect you might need to design a WWTP. www.iwawaterwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Arti...ishingFreetoDownload Basic principles, aerobic - anaerobic treatment, technical an natural treatment, sludge treatment, including more general sector information for instance about a […]
- Re: Sustainable Sanitation Practice Journal: July issue (number 20) out now - topic: Capacity Development - by: Langergraber November 1, 2014I am happy to announce that Issue 21 of Sustainable Sanitation Practice (ISSN 2308-5797) on "Sludge treatment" is published and can be downloaded free of charge now from www.ecosan.at/ssp/ The three papers presented are: • The new sludge treatment line that is currently implemented at the Vienna main wastewater treatment plant (the contribution sum […]
- How to Design Wastewater Systems for Local Conditions in Developing Countries - by: mwaniki November 1, 2014Hi Elisabeth 1) Kindly note that IWA have a book on wasterwater systems has been on sale since March 2014.Everyone missed this title when I inquired about a simple construction of wastewater systems in June this year. Remember all that fuss and hullabaloo? Anyway the details are as follows: How to Design Wastewater Systems for Local Conditions in Developing […]
- Re: Debate about effectiveness of CLTS, prompted by UNICEF official after book launch about CLTS in Madagascar - by: muench October 31, 2014Dear Petra, Thanks for your post although I don't quite know what you are trying to say. Maybe I need to read in between the lines... What prompted you to say this in this thread? OK, I saw from a tweets today: @EvMuench @IDS_UK The CLTS Knowledge Hub, IDS is different from Kamal's org CLTS Foundation which published the book. We had no involvement […]
- WASHplus Weekly: WASH and Ebola - by: campbelldb October 31, 2014Issue 167| Oct 31, 2014 | Focus on WASH and Ebola This issue contains updates on Ebola outbreaks and other recent journal and newspaper articles as well as links to World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) websites on Ebola. Included are WHO/UNICEF factsheets, guidance on making chlorine solution from Tuft […]
- Re: How to Design Wastewater Systems for Local Conditions in Developing Countries - by: christoph November 1, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites