This 22-minute documentary film, produced in 2009 by the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) with assistance from 5 national broadcasting companies in the region, showcases the difficulties experienced and actions undertaken by individuals, communities, organizations, and governments in the following 6 countries:
- China, People’s Republic of – A photographer documents the degradation and revival of Suzhou Creek.
- India – People clamor for individual household toilets after realizing its benefits.
- Indonesia - A dedicated teacher and her students campaign for the use of public toilets.
- Pakistan - A cleanup woman comes home to a community of garbage, without water and sanitation.
- Philippines - Lakeside slums deal with water pollution and the consequences of water-borne diseases.
- Viet Nam - A dying lake is revived by a huge development project, benefiting lakeside towns.
To get a DVD copy – go here