- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: smecca August 27, 2014Mougabe, It's interesting that you mention this. I suspect the mass- and pathogen- reduction are very similar. Some of our toilet MAKERs believe they are using one species when we notice that they are using another; yet the results seem similar. Lumbricus rubellus, e. fetida (e foetida in the old spelling) and Eudrilus eugeniae will often get confused b […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: mkoslengar August 27, 2014Dear Stephen. I'm very interested to know more about your toilet design. It would be interesting also to compare the efficiency of your system using the e.fetida in Ghnana and mine using the Eudrilus eugeniae in Liberia.
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: canaday August 27, 2014Hi Everyone, This is an important discussion. Thank you, Hanns-Andre, for this great description of a successful example. I would like to add my voice to the suggestion that plants be included, for the following reasons: The roots of the plants will help to maintain the permeability of the bed, will likely add oxygen (depending on the species of plant), and […]
- Re: How can a user find out about the regional distribution of other forum users? - by: JKMakowka August 27, 2014Would it be possible to re-do that map and exclude the US and Germany for a better resolution of the other countries? The high US figures are an data-artifact most likely anyways (automated bots and many non-clearly defined IPs get counted as US based) and Germany is a SuSanA artifact
- Re: Nitrification reactor set up - by: winniek August 27, 2014Hello great to know that you have the nitrification tank running. I am interested in carrying out a similar lab experiment and i would want to know more about the reactor set up that you used. What type of reactor, what was the flow rate the Hydraulic retention time , the volumes the concentration of the Dissolved oxygen. Basically the methodology and reacto […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: smecca August 27, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites