- Re: Toilettes sèches en République Démocratique du Congo - by: adlp September 19, 2014Bonjour, Bien sur, c'est tres important de nous aider sur le developpement de cette technique en Republique Démocratique du Congo, comme il est important dans un premier temps de trouver un site pilote pour y faire un test, pour voir si le produit est bien adapté ou pas, alors nous souhaiterions solliciter de votre part la mise en place de site avec vot […]
- Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: Thakur September 19, 2014Dear All, I am the Coordinator of the team which has proposed a concept for promotion of Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) in Nepal. The ECOSAN concept is aimed to introduce in rural areas of Nepal through a pilot project. The ECOSAN is a technology about using human urine and composted solid excreta into agriculture. This is intended to help mitigate climate c […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: ben September 19, 2014Dear all, I wanted to comment the complexity of establishing a market-based solution for pit latrine emptying + treatment in Cambodia, having participated to the program in its early years. Being a country where law enforcement is particularly low, there was no hope that people would desludge properly from the fear of getting a fine. We therefore tried at th […]
- Re: Research of the effects of menstrual hygiene interventions on school attendance - by: thilde September 19, 2014Dear Steffi, From searching in PubMed, I have located more than 50 publications on menstrual hygiene - quantitative as well as quantitative. School attendance/absentiism is actually among the most well investigated factors, since it is fairly easy to correlate with a pad/menstrual cup intervention. The auhors of Sumpter (the most comprehensive review to date […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: muench September 19, 2014Kris: OK, then it's clear. Hopefully one day the comform level of toilets will no longer be judged only based on how much water they use (the more water, the more "comfortable" and therefore the better) but in terms of overall functionality – and if they are fit for purpose (and lack of smell; that's still key). Kai: If we try to take the […]
- Re: Toilettes sèches en République Démocratique du Congo - by: adlp September 19, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites