- Brian Arbogast's blog post: Choosing the right post-2015 sanitation indicators - by: Roshan August 27, 2014Hi, Brian Arbogast, Director, Water Sanitation Hygiene, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recently posted a blog on Devex*: Choosing the right post -2015 sanitation indicators www.devex.com/news/choosing-the-right-po...ion-indicators-84219 As we had quite a few posts on the forum about the post-2015 sanitation indicators, I thought this blog post would be […]
- Re: Live streaming of 18th SuSanA Meeting from Stockholm on Saturday (6th Sep) - by: secretariat August 27, 2014Dear Forum Users, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO CANNOT MAKE IT TO STOCKHOLM! We will be streaming the 18th SuSanA Meeting LIVE on Saturday (6th of September). Forum Users can view the sessions taking place between 9:00am - 11:15am and 2:00pm - 4:30pm (CEST - Central European Summer Time). Viewers can be active simultaneously on Twitter Chat (Tweetchat), post […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: smecca August 27, 2014Mougabe, It's interesting that you mention this. I suspect the mass- and pathogen- reduction are very similar. Some of our toilet MAKERs believe they are using one species when we notice that they are using another; yet the results seem similar. Lumbricus rubellus, e. fetida (e foetida in the old spelling) and Eudrilus eugeniae will often get confused b […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: mkoslengar August 27, 2014Dear Stephen. I'm very interested to know more about your toilet design. It would be interesting also to compare the efficiency of your system using the e.fetida in Ghnana and mine using the Eudrilus eugeniae in Liberia.
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: canaday August 27, 2014Hi Everyone, This is an important discussion. Thank you, Hanns-Andre, for this great description of a successful example. I would like to add my voice to the suggestion that plants be included, for the following reasons: The roots of the plants will help to maintain the permeability of the bed, will likely add oxygen (depending on the species of plant), and […]
- Brian Arbogast's blog post: Choosing the right post-2015 sanitation indicators - by: Roshan August 27, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites