This document sets out a framework for the enhancement of sanitation services in low-income countries. It is intended primarily to guide WaterAid country programmes as they determine their own context-specific sanitation strategies, but it is hoped that it will also be of value to other organisations which are involved in improving sanitation. The scope of the document spans both rural and urban contexts, but it does not specifically address the important topic of hygiene improvement. This will be the subject of a future WaterAid framework document. A further framework for WaterAid’s urban work is in the final stage of publication. This Sanitation framework is fully consistent with, and builds on, WaterAid’s Sanitation Guidelines (April 2008) which were initially developed at a conference in Livingstone, Zambia, in May 2006. [authors abstract]
- Help fund the 25$ portable washing-machine from India - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Found this pretty interesting innovation from India: trak.in/tags/business/2014/10/29/portabl...ne-priced-rs1500-25/ www.indiegogo.com/projects/unique-bucket...mini-washing-machine Interestingly they also specifically mention it as saving water compared to regular hand-washing and also being more hygienic when washing things separately. Sadly no solar powere […]
- Re: Survey to help with final year product design project on sanitation within a developing country. - by: BStalker October 30, 2014Was this the one at the prison? I was there for that, was funny to see
- Re: Survey to help with final year product design project on sanitation within a developing country. - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Ah, by the way: Future FSM entrepreneurs at work in Kampala (was taken on the World Water Day earlier this year).
- Re: Questionnaire on Inclusive WASH in schools in low income countries - by: darao October 30, 2014Dear Mughal, thank you very much for sharing the link and documents. "Fit for school" provide good example to understand current progress, approach and practice of school hygiene as part of collaborative effort to improve all health related practices of school children. It will be very interesting when " Future collaboration with the water and […]
- Event: WASH Zukunftsforum 2014 in Bonn, Germany - by: secretariat October 30, 2014The German WASH Network is organising a meet for discussing the future of WASH (post 2015-era), political setting and the implementing organisations during 10 - 11 November in Bonn, Germany. Venue: Deutsche Welle Bonn – Gremiensaal Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 3 53113 Bonn The meeting will be held in German. Please click the following link for registration: eepurl.c […]
- Help fund the 25$ portable washing-machine from India - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites