November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- Re: SafiChoo Story - by: SafiChoo October 20, 2014We apologize for the delayed response! Thank you so much for your continued questions that are pushing our design thinking during this iteration phase of our redesign. I would love to speak with you more after we get the IP of our new design figured out. Thank you so much again for your time!
- Re: Health information on Wikipedia is going from strength to strength - can we do the same for sanitation (together with others)? - by: petecranston October 20, 2014Hi Interesting thread: two comments (Early note: complaining about wikipedia editor software from the Susana forum editor strikes me as deeply ironic! Coming at the question of wikipedia or akvopedia etc from the perspective of audience perhaps helps, since it seems to me that a lot of the conversation is about the function and use of those platforms as comm […]
- Re: 3rd International Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - Vietnam 19-21 January 2015 - by: denniskl October 19, 2014Looks an excellent opportunity to learn
- Re: 18th SuSanA meeting in Stockholm: Videos and presentations available on the SuSanA website - by: F H Mughal October 19, 2014Dear Elisabeth, You-tube is banned in Pakistan, as you know already. Would it be possible for the SuSanA administration to put the presentations in USB and, mail the USB to me? Regards, F H Mughal
- The 3rd International Faecal Sludge Management Conference, Hanoi - by: F H Mughal October 19, 2014The 3rd International Faecal Sludge Management Conference will be held in Hanoi on 18-23 January 2015. According to their website (www.fsm3.org), the conference aims to present practical innovative solutions that can be applied at scale in the cities. The website gives interesting definition of what faecal sludge is; and the faecal sludge management. Since f […]
- Re: SafiChoo Story - by: SafiChoo October 20, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites