Where it has been introduced, CLTS has been integrated with other development initiatives. Besides ending open defecation, the focus is on a more comprehensive package which includes wastewater management, solid waste disposal, overall hygiene and more. The approach has also been modified in some countries to ‘School-led Total Sanitation (SLTS)’, whereby schools are the prime drivers in achieving ODF status. This has widened the spread of CLTS and its impact, both among adults and children. Plan, Water Aid and UNICEF have become important disseminators and champions of CLTS. Today, it is present in many countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. In sub-Saharan Africa, it has taken root in 28 countries and gained the support of decision makers and professionals, who have recognised it as a successful, cost-effective approach and have issued a declaration to urge governments to take more decisive steps to ensure ODF environments among local communities.
- Re: Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management - by: AquaVerde September 1, 2014Dear Jürgen, Maybe Dr. Katja HANSEN, www.rsm.nl/research/departments/technolo...rchers/katja-hansen/ could help you on the issue a bit more direct, see e.g. part of her former work at: c2cislands.org/ toilets included. Good luck Detlef
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: JKMakowka September 1, 2014Not sure what Carol was referring to, but aquifer recharge using treated (!) waste-water (through infiltration/injection boreholes) is happening also in some regions. Edit: see here for example: www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/3/4/964
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: Florian September 1, 2014Hi, I think "wastewater" here is waste from the oil and gas extraction industry. science.time.com/2013/07/12/deep-disposa...nked-to-earthquakes/ Regards, Florian
- GERMAN language Alternatives to "Schedule of services and fees for architects and engineers (HOAI) "? Re: Ecosanitation consulting/ designing fees - by: AquaVerde September 1, 2014You may call it too: "Results-Based Consulting fees for Sanitation", coming from "Results-Based Financing for Sanitation, RBF" Text-Beispiele zu Zusatz-Vereinbarungen zur Honorarordnung, die ja bisher nur auf max. Quantität beruht, oder eine komplett neue Rahmen-Vereinbarung? Hallo liebe Deutsch-Sprachige Kollegen, Ich bin auf der Suche n […]
- Working Group 1 meeting - next Saturday 6th Sept 11:45-13:00 - by: dorothee.spuhler September 1, 2014Dear all Please find attached the agenda for our upcoming meeting on next Saturday 6th Sept 11:45-13:00. For general information on the meeting and to learn how to get there, please visit the meeting page. If you can not attend, be aware of the life streaming and the opportunity of online participation! Kind regards and looking forwards to seeing you soon! D […]
- Re: Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management - by: AquaVerde September 1, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites