- Thematic Discussion Series coming to the SuSanA Forum! - by: secretariat December 19, 2014The SuSanA Secretariat would like to announce the introduction of an exciting new initiative on the SuSanA Forum in the New Year: the Thematic Discussion Series. ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW SUSANA INITIATIVE From the recent Forum Survey (question 23, forum.susana.org/forum/categories/10-gen...2&start=12#10938) 74% percent suggested that structured discussions, and […]
- Pathogen concentration in untreated fecal sludge - by: sharadaprasad December 19, 2014Hello all, I am trying to estimate the concentration of pathogens in untreated (fresh from the septic tank) septage. I could find papers that estimate the pathogen concentration in treated sludge but not in fresh septage. Many papers acknowledge the lack of data related to the biological characteristics of fecal sludge (data related to physical and chemical […]
- Re: Pathogen destruction in biogas plant vs ABR (Anaerobic Baffled Reactor) - by: Marijn Zandee December 19, 2014Dear Elisabeth, Thanks for giving my post a second life. Regarding the household scale biogas in Nepal. Many plants that are being build these days have toilets attached. And I must say that I do wonder sometimes about the potential for spreading pathogens that this poses. If we really consider this, I think once more we will come down to the discussion whet […]
- Re: Closed loop recycling of flush water through ABR and Constructed Wetland? - by: AquaVerde December 19, 2014Dear Chris, On the example of Mr. Pollmaecher's blackwater ABR-CW + slow sand-filter all on gravity, you may skip the swimming pool/koi-fish pond to may have a much simple system you may looking for, which will run for years without any maintenance. Gravity systems need a pump for reticulating water. At least this pump needs maintenance sooner or later. […]
- Re: Pathogen destruction in biogas plant vs ABR - by: MichaelCarr December 19, 2014Hi there all: I still have my L plates on but trying to catch up. I see two potential ways for further destruction of helminth eggs in fecal sludge - 1) aerobic thermophillic composting, mixed with other biomass. 2) laying sludge out in drying beds. How long does it take for UV light to positively kill all pathogens when laid out like this? From what I know, […]
- Thematic Discussion Series coming to the SuSanA Forum! - by: secretariat December 19, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites