- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 24, 2014RE centralised / large volumes urine re-use Capturing large volumes of urine is, I guess, an aim of the UDDT approach if it is to become part of the mainstream, particularly in urban and peri-urban areas where local re-use is not possible. While localised re-use (straight into the garden etc) is fine for rural areas, for maximum commercial value (which could […]
- Re: squat for money - by: denniskl November 23, 2014had a look at the video and saw the product here: www.squattypotty.my The squatty potty is a great concept product for the western world (ie the land of the sitting toilet:) Elderly and sick in developing countries (ie squatting toilets land) Something like this may also be a way of addressing the issues of the elderly and the sick in the normal squatting to […]
- Re: World Toilet Day: cities can't wait - by: F H Mughal November 23, 2014Dear Cor, Just a quick response to your Dhaka figures, if I take secondary treatment of wastewater as a yardstick (effluent BOD and SS, say, 40 mg/l), then the percentage of wastewater treated in megacity of Karachi is zero!! Regards, F H Mughal
- Re: Sanitation Sustainability Indicators - by: F H Mughal November 23, 2014Dear Tanti, With reference to the JMP’s sanitation ladder (Progress on Drinking Water and Sanitation – Special Focus on Sanitation, UNICEF/WHO, 2008, pp 6), I believe, the Sustainability-based Sanitation Planning Tool (SusTA), that you have developed, would apply to the “improved sanitation facilities.” My question is: Does the tool also apply to the “shared […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 23, 2014Ethnic group is temuan, proto Malay And yes, planning a strategy that addresses cultural empathy plus meets self-interest:) People are people after all no matter who or where they are! And of course self-interest ranges from money to recognition to pride so have to work out hot buttons Then move into issues like sanitation and health Will advise as we procee […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites