- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: Florian August 29, 2014Hi, so far I understood in the same way as the quoted definitions and did not find it confusing. "Historical" probably refers to septic tanks being an quite established technology for a long time and term septage thus used since similarely long time in technical literature, while the attention to sludge from latrines etc. is a rather recent. I find […]
- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: jonpar August 29, 2014A good point to raise for discussion... and thanks to Elizabeth for raising it because I have often had doubts in my mind about it... I think there is a "technical" and a "political" dimension to the debate .... From a politician's perspective and probably other non-technical/non-sanitation people I think the preference is probably t […]
- Sanitation Matters - Issue 6 - by: SudhirPillay August 29, 2014Sanitation Matters - Issue 6 In this issue: * The SanTech Demo Programme * The SPLASH Workshop * Industrial Use of Faecal Sludge for Fuel Purposes * Sanitation Community of Practice Workshop * The Low Flush Toilet for Anal Wipers * Entrenching of Faecal and Sewerage Sludges * In the Spotlight: Water for People Uganda * Snapshot: Latest from SRFA Project WIN- […]
- Invitation Stockholm WWW Seminar I Streamlining Strategies for Humanitarian Aid in the WASH Sektor I Sept. 3, 09:00-12:30, Room K11 - by: rob# August 29, 2014Dear all, We kindly invite you to the upcoming seminar at Stockholm World Water Week 2014 “Streamlining Strategies for Humanitarian Aid in the WASH Sector” on Wednesday Sept. 4 from 09:00 to 12:30 (Room K11). The seminar is organised by the German Federal Foreign Office and the German WASH Network together with UNICEF, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign […]
- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: pkjha August 29, 2014There are two following important publications one each on Septage and Faecal Sludge. i.A Rapid Assessment of Septage Management in Asia , by EAWAG, USAID, and WATERLINKS, 2010. It defines Septage as the combination of scum, sludge, and liquid that accumulates in septic tanks, ii.Faecal Sludge Management Systems Approach for Implementation and Operation, by […]
- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: Florian August 29, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites