- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: CeciliaRodrigues November 25, 2014Dear Peter, I am interested in knowing the terms in Portuguese you used when talking to the Mozambican Planning Ministry. Every time I translate into Portuguese it sounds awkward to me. I have faced diverse reactions in Brazil. I normally use 'Diagrama do fluxo da merda' or 'Diagrama do fluxo de dejetos', but I am still not sure how to ad […]
- Re: Fishing for solid waste - how have you seen people do it? - by: JKMakowka November 25, 2014This is a direct and almost unavoidable result of inadequate open-pit latrines. As much as I think the Gluper etc. are cool innovations and that they serve an obvious need for emptying existing legacy pit-latrines, they are a technological band-aid for a problem that has to be solved by switching to a different latrine technology. Or to say it a bit differen […]
- Re: New video!! Innovation in Urban Sanitation: FaME and U-ACT research in Sub-Saharan Africa - by: Moritz November 25, 2014Dear Ben, Dear Christoph, Thanks for your postive feedback and your comments on the video. Ben, FaME was a research project (SuSanA posts). We found that depending on the local market environment, energy recovery options such as faecal sludge to solid fuel can generate significantly more revenue compared to conventional enduse as soil conditoner in agricultu […]
- Conseiller/ère en gestion et protection des ressources en eau au Burundi (in French) - by: Ankolsdorf November 25, 2014En tant qu’entreprise gouvernementale, la GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH) appuie le Gouvernement Allemand dans l’atteinte des objectifs fixés dans le cadre de la Coopération Internationale. Au travers de l’envoi de personnel qualifié tel que les assistantes et assistants techniques, la GIZ apporte une contribution pou […]
- "Fishing" for solid waste in a pit latrine - have you seen people do it? (example from Malawi) - by: nicolag November 25, 2014Last week we went pit emptying in Blantyre, Malawi both with a a vacuum tanker and with a Gulper. I was struck by how much time was spent fishing for solid waste and the mess that it created. In both cases 200L+ solid waste was removed. Our operators method of choice was a pronged fork (see photos attached) - the waste is pulled off the fork and put in a bar […]
- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: CeciliaRodrigues November 25, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites