- Re: SanMark-CITY: Intelligent Design in Urban Sanitation Marketing- quick glimpse - by: KimAndersson November 24, 2014Dear Eliza, I’m interested to know more about how your project is progressing. Do you have further results and lessons regarding the piloting of the four technologies? What is the scale of testing (i.e. number of toilets installed)? Are the toilets being installed in different settings, e.g. both on household level and as shared facilities? How do you overco […]
- English Video about the Hölö Urea treatment plant South of Stockholm - by: madeleine November 24, 2014Dear all Here is a nice video (english) about the Swedish Urea treatment plant in Hölö south of Stockholm. Some of you might have visited this treatment plant on study visit organized by World Water Week in 2012 . For the rest of you this is a very good and educative video to learn more about how urea treatment technology works in practice. Jan Christer Carl […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 24, 2014That is a superb report Madeleine and a well-conceived and managed project answers a lot of my questions and Chris, we need to dream a little I agree:) back to the think tank for more brain-cycling
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: canaday November 24, 2014Hi Dennis, There is no problem storing urine, as long as the tanks are organized so the smell does not get out ... and that smell is mostly nitrogen (in the form of ammonia), fertilizer that we do not want to lose. In fact, the various documents on the safe use of urine as fertilizer (such as those downloadable from www.ecosanres.org) recommend storing urine […]
- Gates foundation mandates open-access (CC-by) for all its funded research! - by: JKMakowka November 24, 2014Link to announcement on Creative Commons Personally I think this is great news and more funders should require this (especially those funded from tax-payers money).
- Re: SanMark-CITY: Intelligent Design in Urban Sanitation Marketing- quick glimpse - by: KimAndersson November 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites