- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: Florian October 24, 2014rhockkh wrote: From the guidance I'm receiving from this forum and other sources, it seems that the use of this baffle if correctly placed, will allow for safer water to drain into the second soakaway tank. Would you agree? Hi Richard, as Emilio also explained, yes, it would be good to have an elbow or a T between the two tanks. Proper placement of the […]
- Re: SafiChoo Story - by: canaday October 24, 2014Hi SafiChoo, You may find interesting this Japanese toilet for sitting or squatting (... even though it does not seem to be urine-diverting) vimeo.com/26711948 Best wishes, Chris Canaday
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: canaday October 24, 2014Dear Maria, You would not need a full laboratory. It should be enough to have a microscope (and maybe a centrifuge, depending on the protocol) to look for Ascaris eggs, so maybe there is a Malaria lab or a university that can give you access to a microscope. I think we should optimally work out a protocol that only requires a microscope, as discussed here: f […]
- Re: Debate about effectiveness of CLTS, prompted by UNICEF official after book launch about CLTS in Madagascar - by: sengel October 24, 2014Thanks David for raising these important questions. In Indonesia, where I have done some research, their answer was to provide free concrete rings and liners - despite the CLTS hostility to subsidies. Yet this then raised the next issue of what happens when the pit is full and CLTS doesn't adequately or at all address this - it is meant to be dealt with […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 24, 2014Hi Emilio, thanks for the information: I'm aware of the need to use a T, and we are looking at how our budget can accommodate this. We have taken into account the population density and Sphere standards for the distance from drinking water sources and the location of the latrines. Soil characteristics are generally good and the water table is between 1. […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: Florian October 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites