- Re: Is there too much focus on ecosan in the SuSanA discussion forum? - by: KaiMikkel September 17, 2014So I thought. But reading the other threads that were originally part of this one it appears that the most commonly accepted definition of "ecological sanitation" is inclusive of practices like dumping sludge collected from wastewater treatment plants ("WWTPs") and septic systems onto agricultural land (and other lands), something that I […]
- Safer siting of sanitation systems : An introduction to criteria for risk reduction to groundwater quality - by: prthomas September 17, 2014Hello, This is an excellent document for public education on siting of septic systems. In Ontario Canada we have number of municipal wells and it has been legislated here 4 zones around a municipal well. • Wellhead Protection Area WHPA-A : 100 m Radius • Wellhead Protection Area WHPA-B : 2-Year time of travel • Wellhead Protection Area WHPA-C : 10-Year time […]
- Re: Health information on Wikipedia is going from strength to strength - can we do the same for sanitation (together with others)? - by: WikiDocJames September 17, 2014With respect to simply linking to other sites, Wikipedia is not a web directly but an encyclopedia in and of itself. Adding a lot of external links will land one in trouble fairly quickly
- Re: Health information on Wikipedia is going from strength to strength - can we do the same for sanitation (together with others)? - by: WikiDocJames September 17, 2014So why write on Wikipedia? I have one answer, because it is what the world is reading. I had never heard of Akvopedia, Ecompendium or IWA Water Wiki before reading this discussion. If we look at Akvopedia we see that its article on the dry toilet has received 10,474 views in English since Mar 2009 www.akvopedia.org/s_wiki/index.php?title...ilet&action=in […]
- UN Online Course - Governance in Urban Sanitation - by: DCP September 17, 2014The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is offering an updated version of the e-learning course "Governance in Urban Sanitation", from the 6 October to the 12 December 2014. This online course aims to enhance the capacity of local decision-makers to make enlightened decisions and investments in the area of urban sanitation. […]
- Re: Is there too much focus on ecosan in the SuSanA discussion forum? - by: KaiMikkel September 17, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites