- New documentary video on Sandec’s YouTube channel! - by: donahupa November 28, 2014The world is lacking in toilets, but research is taking place to increase access to clean toilets and to complete sanitation. The new Sandec video “Innovation in Urban Sanitation: FaME and U-ACT Research in Sub-Saharan Africa” highlights FaME (Faecal Management Enterprises, www.sandec.ch/fame) and U-ACT (www.nadel.ethy.ch/forschung/u-act) research on finding […]
- Re: Bringing Sanitation Innovations to Market (B-SIM) (WSUP, UK and Ghana, Zambia, Kenya, Bangladesh) - by: tgoodwin November 28, 2014Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for all of the great links to related work. I’ve answered your follow-up questions in-line below. One thing I don't fully understand: what will be at the core of your business in terms of "toilet technology" or would you say this is secondary to everything else? You mentioned a few times the sanitation technologies emergin […]
- Re: New project - Sustainable freshwater supply for Urbanizing Maputo, Mozambique - TU Delft, Unesco-IHE, UEM - by: AndreMA November 28, 2014Dear Elisabeth, I would like to thank you for your warm welcome and apologize for this late reply but the past few months have been hectic and some tasks were left behind. 1) Water reuse vs sustainable sanitation I found the discussion about the system in Braunschweig, Germany very interesting. However, we do not define our project as ecosan but as sustainab […]
- Re: Performance Assessment Systems (PAS) for Urban Water Supply and Sanitation in India (CEPT University, India) - by: aasimmansuri November 28, 2014Dear Mr. F.H Mughal, Thanks for showing interest in our project, yes you have rightly mentioned that this system has its application in all the urban local bodies (around 400 +) of Gujarat and Maharasthra. Also, septic tanks in India are considered as an integral part of the urban sanitation systems. As per recent census of India 2011 information around 38 % […]
- Re: Bringing Sanitation Innovations to Market (B-SIM) (WSUP, UK and Ghana, Zambia, Kenya, Bangladesh) - by: muench November 28, 2014Dear Tyler, Thank you for the very detailed and open description of the progress you have made with this project so far ("Bringing Sanitation Innovations to Market") in 4 countries, with a focus on Zambia and Bangladesh in this post. Very interesting to read. One thing I don't fully understand: what will be at the core of your business in term […]
- New documentary video on Sandec’s YouTube channel! - by: donahupa November 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites