- Re: Toilet certification - by: ben December 21, 2014Dear all, Very interesting topic, I'm not the best one to talk about the french approach but here is a link to the quality charter of the RAE (dry toilet association, main actors on the topic in france). For the non-french readers, this is about the philosophy any dry toilet renter should apply : Confort of users / sensible composting / prevention-awarn […]
- Re: Pathogen concentration in untreated fecal sludge - by: KeithBell December 21, 2014Susannah, the "hygiene hypothesis" doesn't hold much weight in view of high rates of infant and maternal mortality now associated with poor sanitation. Gut dysbiosis/malabsorption syndrome is rampant due to poor sanitation, finally being acknowledged in mainstream media. But I still like your point and believe we should also focus on how a tox […]
- Re: Nice and quick overview about constructed wetland's historical developments, by David AUSTIN, USA - by: F H Mughal December 21, 2014That is a nice brief publication on wetlands' history. I think, USEPA has been instrumental in the use of wetlands. The attached publication, a joint publication of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Environmental Protection Agency,Army Corps of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife Service, and Natural Resources Conservation Service, is a guide on […]
- Re: Pathogen concentration in untreated fecal sludge - by: SusannahSoilet December 21, 2014I wonder if we need to take a step back from 'counting pathogens' and look at the 'overall transmissibility and outcome of exposure' to these biological entities. For a pathogen/parasite to successfully infect a new host through fecal sludge, it must surmount several steps: 1: gain contact 2: retain infectivity - i.e. have enough vitality […]
- Re: Closed loop recycling of flush water through ABR and Constructed Wetland? - by: canaday December 21, 2014Dear Dennis and Detlef, Dennis, the idea would be to treat this blackwater just as well as if we were dumping it into the environment, only never dump it into the environment, so maybe somewhere between 0 and 200 fecal coliform bacteria per 100 ml. It would be key to eliminate any smell or color, so users do not enough notice the difference. Detlef, thanks f […]
- Re: Toilet certification - by: ben December 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites