- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: hoffma October 24, 2014Dear Dennis, I would like to give you follow up on your question about Economics: The second case (SEDE Juliaca) requiered a more complex systeme (high water table). All SERVICE ACTiVITIES are included in the tariff (2,80 USD per month, for 750 hoeseholds): - Dried feces (twin vault): 6 month collection, treatment in vermicomposting followed by solarization […]
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: Maria123 October 24, 2014Dear Chris You have given me very interesting ideas regarding my research. The Research will only be conducted next year, for now I'm just reviewing some literature and getting ideas so that I don't spend much time on this next year hence as they say "the early bird catches the biggest worm. I've already made arrangements regarding the la […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: denniskl October 24, 2014Thank you christoph Am interested to learn more about all the various options such as eco let but maybe we take this discussion onto different thread? Else hijacking iDE news and getting off the thread title:) Will set up new thread and advise link here
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: christoph October 24, 2014Dear Blake and Dennis, Let me try to answer something to your concerns. Compexity ... yes the whole service model is complex as you attend separately urine, feces and grey water - therefore it is a service model for a utility. But as a utility service it is farily easy comparing to the compexity of operating a sewer and a treatment plant. BUT if you do it li […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: Florian October 24, 2014rhockkh wrote: From the guidance I'm receiving from this forum and other sources, it seems that the use of this baffle if correctly placed, will allow for safer water to drain into the second soakaway tank. Would you agree? Hi Richard, as Emilio also explained, yes, it would be good to have an elbow or a T between the two tanks. Proper placement of the […]
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: hoffma October 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites