- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: pkjha August 29, 2014There are two following important publications one each on Septage and Faecal Sludge. i.A Rapid Assessment of Septage Management in Asia , by EAWAG, USAID, and WATERLINKS, 2010. It defines Septage as the combination of scum, sludge, and liquid that accumulates in septic tanks, ii.Faecal Sludge Management Systems Approach for Implementation and Operation, by […]
- Re: Evidence-based sanitation advocacy in India to promote latrine use - by: SangitaVyas August 29, 2014Hi Pawan, You are right. In India, very few people have inexpensive, simple latrines. These types of latrines are much more common to find in other parts of the developing world, even in South Asia. In Bangladesh, it's very common to find simple pit latrines, the kinds that UNICEF/WHO classifies as "unimproved." It's virtually impossible […]
- Re: Evidence-based sanitation advocacy in India to promote latrine use - by: pkjha August 29, 2014Hi Sangeeta As per the guidelines of NBA (earlier TSC) financial incentive will be provided after the construction and use of latrines. At policy level there is no problem in this regard. Main problem is almost complete lacking of monitoring (of construction and use of toilets) at the state and centre levels. Lack of awareness in rural areas is the most impo […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: HAPitot August 28, 2014Hello Jim, thanks for your interest! Concerning your questions: 1. The owner of the facility is the Adjumani Town Council. It was built and started up as a cooperation between GIZ and the Town Council. The operator is a local farmer and businessman who is also operating a cesspool emptying truck, and more recently something like a Gulper pit emptying machine […]
- Re: Stockholm World Water Week & SuSanA meeting: Suggestions for online participation during and after the events - by: Sowmya August 28, 2014Dear Elisabeth and Everyone, I am looking forward to the live streaming, thanks a ton! And, my apologies, I have not been regular in participation as I would have liked. (1) Video editing: We could perhaps split the activity into a few parts: (a) Split the 1.5 hour videos into 3-4 parts and upload on a discussion thread, (b) 3-4 volunteers could take up a pa […]
- Re: Is there a difference between faecal sludge and septage? - The issue of confusing terminology - by: pkjha August 29, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites