- Re: Urine collection in emergency response: technologies available? - by: canaday October 21, 2014Hi, There really is no problem with smell coming from these simple, portable urinals made from bottles. The mouth of the bottle is narrow and wind across it is blocked by the upper bottle that forms the funnel. It is important to empty them as soon as feasible and rinse them with water to avoid smell developing over time. Any odor is truly minimal and certai […]
- Re: New FSM book available now! Free PDF download, or hardcover textbook - IWA Publishing - by: LindaStrande October 21, 2014Hi Trevor, In addition to the book, Sandec has had a number of FSM publications in 2013 and 2014. Here are a list of journal papers, let me know if you are also interested in fact sheets, sandec news, videos, cardgames, etc, etc. 1. Seck, A., Gold, M., Niang, S., Mbeéguéré, M., Diop, C., Strande, L. In Press. Technology development of unplanted drying beds f […]
- Re: New FSM book available now! Free PDF download, or hardcover textbook - IWA Publishing - by: tmsinnovation October 21, 2014Dear Linda and other FSM colleagues other than this major publication on FSM, what other well received publications on FSM have come out in 2013 and 2014? I am trying to put an quick overview together. Kind regards Trevor
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: muench October 21, 2014Hi Christoph, This is really an excellent video you produced there together with GIZ in Peru - well done! I really liked how so many different people spoke in the video (users, artisans and - very important - people from the different water utilities). Getting these water utilities on board is so important and you seem to have achieved that! Those 3D animati […]
- Re: Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: jonpar October 21, 2014just to say that one possibility might be using lime.. Oxfam has already been experimenting with lime in Philippines but as you will see from the programme on Channel4 - see www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss/on-demand/58259-001 it's a messy business and unless there is a safer way to mix lime with faecal sludge that has less occupational healt […]
- Re: Urine collection in emergency response: technologies available? - by: canaday October 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites