- Re: Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar - by: Hope October 2, 2014In case you missed it, here is a link to last year's calendar: defeatdd.org/oh-the-places-we-go-calendar Check out the August feature: a photograph by Stefanie Lorenz on behalf of SuSanA (attached). We'd love to see SuSanA represented in the 2015 version as well! Thanks, Hope
- Re: Wanted: New mentor for co-composting project in Benin! (pilot project by GIZ from 2012-2014) EBOLA - by: JKMakowka October 2, 2014@Chris: While you are theoretically right, the problem is probably to find people still willing to work under the risk of getting Ebola. IMHO the fear of Ebola is probably what is causing more issues that Ebola itself (so far at least and I don't want to downplay the seriousness of this disease either). But it might be a good time to get people to think […]
- Four post-docs required to develop the Nano Membrane Toilet - by: AParker October 2, 2014Cranfield University is looking for people to join its team to develop the Nano Membrane Toilet, a toilet designed to serve the 2.5 billion people globally who currently lack access to sanitation. The toilet must work without using any water, external power and without connection to sewerage. The first phase of development is now complete, and Cranfield Univ […]
- Re: The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - new phase of funding until Jan. 2016 - by: AParker October 2, 2014We currently have four positions open for post-doctoral researchers to join the team and help us develop the Nano Membrane Toilet. Please click the links for full details of what the role will entail and what qualities we are looking for: · Research Fellow in Design for Manufacture jobs.cranfield.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal....p_web_page_id=198124 · Research Fe […]
- Update: Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management in low income urban settlements in Malawi (Mzuzu University) - by: rochelleholm October 2, 2014On 25 August 2014, Mzuzu University Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation (Malawi) hosted a regional (Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe) Fecal Sludge Management Meeting in partnership with other WRC grantees. Presentations from Participants: 1. Prof. Chris Buckley and Dr. Tina Velkushanova: Pit Latrines and Emptying in Durban, Southern Africa. 2. Mzuzu Cit […]
- Re: Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar - by: Hope October 2, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites