New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Lessons Learned from the Dissemination of Biodigesters for Sanitation in Haiti, from 2010 to 2013 - by: Anthony December 17, 2014Dear SuSanA Members, It is with great pleasure that we share with you on the SuSanA Forum our research report “Lessons Learned from the Dissemination of Biodigesters for Sanitation in Haiti, from 2010 to 2013”. The entire document may be viewed here: www.dropbox.com/s/8qqu3qpkhohatol/NCA_Bi...20report_EN.pdf?dl=0 An extract from the document translated into […]
- A study on WASH practices and under five morbidity patron using geographic information system - by: Yogish December 17, 2014My name is Dr Yogish from Manipal university, Studying 2nd year master of public health. Am doing my dissertation on, A study on WASH practices and under five morbidity patron using geographic information system in udupi taluk, Karnataka. India Presently am doing my research in low resource setting. so i want to know 1. Have any standard questionnaire to mea […]
- Re: Sanitation Sustainability Indicators - by: tantinayono December 17, 2014Dear Mughal, Basically the tool (SusTA) is applicable for both shared- and unimproved sanitation facilities. The set of indicators (Table 9.7) provides universal principles to assess sanitation technologies in developing countries’ context. Regarding shared facilities: The quantitative assessments such as: cost, energy, water and land requirements are calcul […]
- Closed loop recycling of flush water through ABR and Constructed Wetland? - by: canaday December 17, 2014Hi everyone, I am looking for cases of direct reuse of processed blackwater for flushing the same toilets again. This would resolve many problems at the same time: -- People can use the same flush toilets that they are used to. -- Demand for water would be greatly reduced. -- Pharmaceuticals and other contaminants that cannot be entirely removed during treat […]
- Sandec is seeking an Intern to support the development of Shit-Flow-Diagrams - by: donahupa December 17, 2014Sandec is seeking an Intern to support the development of Shit-Flow-Diagrams as part of its efforts to improve Faecal Sludge Management (FSM). The so-called Shit-Flow-Diagrams provide a tool to visualize excreta flows in a simple way, and give a rough estimate of how much faecal sludge is being improperly managed. It is a useful tool to make the importance o […]
- Lessons Learned from the Dissemination of Biodigesters for Sanitation in Haiti, from 2010 to 2013 - by: Anthony December 17, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites