New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: How can a user find out about the regional distribution of other forum users? - by: secretariat August 27, 2014Dear Mr. Mughal, Thank you for your query. The map below gives an overview on the country-wise distribution of our forum users. The secretariat along with Elisabeth will work on how we could proceed with your suggestion. Regards, Shobana
- Invitation to the SuSanA WASH-Nutrition meeting @ SWWW I Thursday, Sept. 4, Room K12, 11:30-13:00 - by: rob# August 27, 2014Dear all, For all those being in Stockholm at World Water Week next week we would like to kindly invite you to the working group meeting of the SuSanA WG12 on “WASH and Nutrition”. The meeting will take place on Thursday, September 4th, at the Stockholm Water Week Conference Venue (Stockholmmässan, Room K12) from 11:30 to 13:00. Please find attached a draft […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: christoph August 26, 2014Dear all, only now I got right what pawan wants do to and I can only agree with Hans. I am using a constructed wetland (we call it sludge mineralization bed) since 8 years with about 150 kg dry solids/a (rough estimation as no real data) without any problems and it is still not full. Volume reduces VERY largly. Important is: exchange between beds and longer […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: smecca August 26, 2014Mougabe and all, The GSAP Microflush toilet makes effective use of e. fetida in the filter-digester bed. The mass and pathogen reduction are amazing and the compost quality is high. Size and loading of the digester is important as are the environmental conditions (temperature, pH, moisture, oxygen and C/N ratio). Our toilets are made by trained local MAKERs […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: HAPitot August 26, 2014Dear Krishan, dear Pawan, If I am talking of constructed wetlands for sludge disposal, I am talking about vertical flow wetlands which are constructed similar to sand drying beds only that they are planted with swamp plants (macrophytes) or at least water tolerant plants and care is taken that they don't ever get completely dry (even though that is some […]
- Re: How can a user find out about the regional distribution of other forum users? - by: secretariat August 27, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites