New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Using Diatoms to remove Ammonia and as a food source for fish. - by: Bhaskar November 23, 2014To clarify a few points - A little bit of engineering would be required depending on the nature of the effluent. If it is only domestic sewage, with little industrial effluent, then it would be very easy to use it to grow fish. If a lot of industrial effluent is mixed in then the water may contain heavy metals, etc. and these may enter the food chain if fish […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 23, 2014Will "package" up something for forum readers to review; will base the UDDT on your proven design Chris and see where we go. Hope for lots of feedback from SuSana readers when I put out out there Was just in a native village in Malaysia today; sanitation probably typical - flush toilets, no nutrient collection and re-use (of course) and uncertainty […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: canaday November 23, 2014Hi Dennis, Great idea . It could be offered with or without the privacy structure, as some people may already have a privacy structure and others are extremely poor and maybe are happy with palm fronds stuck into the ground for privacy. One thing. Waste usage is a contradiction in terms. Let's say nutrient recycling or fertilizer application. Let me kno […]
- squat for money - by: christoph November 23, 2014Very interesting - impressive sales numbers - never expected that. tried to put it from the right minute it did not work - you have to watch it from 20:26 on. have a look if you have time for 5 min. Christoph
- Re: Festival toilets in Europe (Great Britain, France, Germany, ...) - by: Kevinkuhn November 22, 2014Hey everybody, I just saw this topic recently and think I should also introduce my company for composting toilets for festivals. We are EcoToiletten (German for Ecotoilets) and are based in Berlin. We started in 2013 and did 50 Events in our area so far and gained a lot of experience from that. www.ecotoiletten.de. We see a great potential in Germany for com […]
- Re: Using Diatoms to remove Ammonia and as a food source for fish. - by: Bhaskar November 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites