New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Short recap of IWA conference on sustainable wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery in Kathmandu - by: Marijn Zandee November 21, 2014Dear all, I recently had the opportunity to participate in the “IWA specialist conference Global challenges: Sustainable wastewater treatment and resource recovery” here in Kathmandu. Which was quite interesting, and I would like to share some messages and impressions. The thing that surprised me most during the conference is how many research institutes, co […]
- Request for plastics expert for UDDT - by: MichaelCarr November 21, 2014Hi members> Do we have a plastics expert / manufacturer on board with knowledge on Acrylic vacuum thermo-forming and / or HDPE plastic for mass manufacture of UDDT's ? I want to find out about best solution for manufacturing different parts of my UDDT and pricing guideline. Also tooling costs for thermo-forming & HDPE and potential outputs for ma […]
- Re: Sanitation Sustainability Indicators - by: muench November 20, 2014Dear Muchie, Tanti gave this link to her PhD thesis in her post on 3 Oct. (please scrol up): e-pub.uni-weimar.de/opus4/frontdoor/index/index/docId/2222 Hope this help, Elisabeth
- Partner request for school sanitation in Kenya - by: simasikulu November 20, 2014Dear all, we are looking for a projekt partner in Kenya. Our project aims at providing clean portable water and upgrading rural sanitation systems for better health in Mwitha and Machewa in Saboti region. Below our project information are attached. Please contact us in case you are interested in cooperaing with us. We are looking forward to hearing from you […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: canaday November 20, 2014Hi Susannah, I am glad you like this info. What I like to do is unshackle myself by removing my shoes, trousers, and underwear, in the privacy of the UDDT, and squat freely, without straining against the clothing or worrying about some of this clothing getting soiled. It only takes a moment more and we keep the floor clean, so I do not mind touching it with […]
- Short recap of IWA conference on sustainable wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery in Kathmandu - by: Marijn Zandee November 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites