New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: ben September 19, 2014Dear all, Thanks for this very nice topic, bringing us far from the manichean views good ecosan Vs bad sewerwebs. If I can add some rather personal spiritual view of Ecosan (I like joe's self definitionas "shit philosopher"). For me Ecosan means that we find a system that is giving us the feeling that we are part of an ecosystem. I don't […]
- Re: Développement du BIOGAZ en Guinée - by: adlp September 19, 2014Merci pour le message, Voici quelques renseignements sur notre organisation car nous pouvons vous aider. En effet, Peepoople AB est une organisation qui distribue PEEPOOS partout dans le monde, la mission de Peepoople est de pouvoir aider l'humanité de recouvrer sa dignité à travers l'hygiène et santé. La company Peepoople son siège se trouve à Sto […]
- Re: Toilettes sèches en République Démocratique du Congo - by: adlp September 19, 2014Bonjour, Bien sur, c'est tres important de nous aider sur le developpement de cette technique en Republique Démocratique du Congo, comme il est important dans un premier temps de trouver un site pilote pour y faire un test, pour voir si le produit est bien adapté ou pas, alors nous souhaiterions solliciter de votre part la mise en place de site avec vot […]
- Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: Thakur September 19, 2014Dear All, I am the Coordinator of the team which has proposed a concept for promotion of Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) in Nepal. The ECOSAN concept is aimed to introduce in rural areas of Nepal through a pilot project. The ECOSAN is a technology about using human urine and composted solid excreta into agriculture. This is intended to help mitigate climate c […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: ben September 19, 2014Dear all, I wanted to comment the complexity of establishing a market-based solution for pit latrine emptying + treatment in Cambodia, having participated to the program in its early years. Being a country where law enforcement is particularly low, there was no hope that people would desludge properly from the fear of getting a fine. We therefore tried at th […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: ben September 19, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites