New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: re.source: Mobile Sanitation Services for Dense Urban Slums (Stanford University, USA) - by: snghosh July 22, 2014Hi everyone i have enjoyed your discussions about this toilet and business around this. I would love to know your experience about the relation between acceptability of this toilet and culture of people or communities where you apply this. Especially in rural India, it seems quite heard to push such toilet as people do not want to see their shit after they l […]
- Re: Wanting a better way to test pathogen inactivation? Us too! Can you help me crowdsource a better way? - by: christoph July 22, 2014Dear all, the title of the threat is "Wanting a better way to test pathogen inactivation? Us too! Can you help me crowdsource a better way?" This is a topic I am very interested in. I don´t find it polite nor good for the quality if there are posts about totally other subjects and I would like to ask if we could not put up a rule which enables the […]
- Re: How can I format the text in my own post? (making words bold, underlined, using bullet point lists...) - by: muench July 22, 2014Thanks, Joe, that's exactly right. Mughal, we also explained more about these Karma points that you can allocate to other users here on the forum: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/135-qu...e-qesteemq-of-a-user In short: it's a way of "applauding" someone (the green plus to the left of the person's page) or not (the red minus). The o […]
- Re: How can I format the text in my own post? (making words bold, underlined, using bullet point lists...) - by: joeturner July 22, 2014Hi F H Mughal, No it is not English but it has a meaning in English - in this context the difference between the number of times your posts have been voted 'helpful' (green plus) vs 'unhelpful' (red minus). A high number means that everyone likes you.
- Re: How can I format the text in my own post? (making words bold, underlined, using bullet point lists...) - by: F H Mughal July 22, 2014Dear Sebastian & Elisabeth, Is there a button here, which when clicked, leads the forum users to the publications this forum has? Regards, F H Mughal PS: What is meant by Karma? Is it a English word?
- Re: re.source: Mobile Sanitation Services for Dense Urban Slums (Stanford University, USA) - by: snghosh July 22, 2014
- SuSanA news mail May 2014 June 2, 2014Dear SuSanA members and partners, The May news mail with the latest news from SuSanA and SuSanA partners was sent to 4939 subscribers and contained the following topics: 1. New Head of the SuSanA secretariat! (http://www.susana.org/lang-en/news/news-mail-archive/2014/256-2014-newsletter/937-susana-news-mail-may-2014#1._new_head_of_the_SuSanA_secretariat) As […]
- SuSanA news mail March 2014 March 4, 2014Dear SuSanA members and partners, This news mail informs you about the latest news from SuSanA and the SuSanA partners. The newsmail is sent to 4688 subscribers and contains the following topics: 1. SuSanA cities working group meeting in Delhi, India on 23 March 2014 2. SuSanA Breaking the taboo sanitation cartoon competition 3. Preparation underway to launc […]
- SuSanA news mail May 2014 June 2, 2014
Add to favourites