New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Four post-docs required to develop the Nano Membrane Toilet - by: AParker October 2, 2014Cranfield University is looking for people to join its team to develop the Nano Membrane Toilet, a toilet designed to serve the 2.5 billion people globally who currently lack access to sanitation. The toilet must work without using any water, external power and without connection to sewerage. The first phase of development is now complete, and Cranfield Univ […]
- Re: The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - new phase of funding until Jan. 2016 - by: AParker October 2, 2014We currently have four positions open for post-doctoral researchers to join the team and help us develop the Nano Membrane Toilet. Please click the links for full details of what the role will entail and what qualities we are looking for: · Research Fellow in Design for Manufacture jobs.cranfield.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal....p_web_page_id=198124 · Research Fe […]
- Update: Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management in low income urban settlements in Malawi (Mzuzu University) - by: rochelleholm October 2, 2014On 25 August 2014, Mzuzu University Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation (Malawi) hosted a regional (Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe) Fecal Sludge Management Meeting in partnership with other WRC grantees. Presentations from Participants: 1. Prof. Chris Buckley and Dr. Tina Velkushanova: Pit Latrines and Emptying in Durban, Southern Africa. 2. Mzuzu Cit […]
- Intégration de la section française (in French) [Integration of the French category] - by: secretariat October 2, 2014Bonjour à tous, Après les discussions et postes de Forum, nous avons pris la décision d’intégrer les discussions française dans les catégories thématiques avec le Forum général. Les contributions sont maintenant inclus dans les catégories appropriés, avec une traduction du titre primaire en anglais (par exemple). Nous avons encore plusieurs options de poster […]
- Re: Wanted: New mentor for co-composting project in Benin! (pilot project by GIZ from 2012-2014) EBOLA - by: canaday October 2, 2014Dear Barbara and all, Ebola is a reason to do more and more UDDTs, not stopping to operate the ones that exist. Ebola is transmitted via bodily fluids, including feces, plus it causes diarrea. A detention time of 6 months in the Tropics would certainly be longer than necessary to eliminate this virus in the relatively dry and aerated conditions of a UDDT (es […]
- Four post-docs required to develop the Nano Membrane Toilet - by: AParker October 2, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites