New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: denniskl October 22, 2014Thank you Christoph will read manuals and docs
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: christoph October 22, 2014Hi Dennis, Krishan and Elisabeth, so many questions. I will try to answer at least some now. Krishan: we always do double vault because we don´t trust. A double vault has a need to collect every 6-12 month, a sack system is dependent on a well functioning service model. I think this might be the future but right now I do not trust these solutions. I think we […]
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: skdentel October 22, 2014Addressing Carol's original inquiry, "deep well" typically means REALLY deep - like >1 km below the surface. The city of Los Angeles has been deep welling their wastewater sludges like this for years, along with some treated effluent. Although the temperature, pressure, and salinity are quite elevated, methanogenic bacteria convert about ha […]
- African Water Facility is announcing Call for Proposals: Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding - by: KatiaT October 21, 2014Calling on African organisations to submit climate-smart water project proposals for funding (Cliquez ici pour la version française / the same text in French is available here: www.africanwaterfacility.org/fr/appelclimatique/ ) African organisations eligible for AWF grants are encouraged to submit to the African Water Facility their proposal for project(s) f […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (twin pit pour flush toilets) - and general discussion - by: denniskl October 21, 2014Thank you Blake I look forward to it Have you seen the thread in UDDT's in Peru? Forum thread here forum.susana.org/forum/categories?func=v...amp;limit=1000#10621 and video available here Your thoughts on this as an alternative to the latrine / pit toilet approach? May have the FSM issue in a different light (less management required potentially) […]
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: denniskl October 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites