New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: New FSM book available now! Free PDF download, or hardcover textbook - IWA Publishing - by: tmsinnovation October 21, 2014Dear Linda and other FSM colleagues other than this major publication on FSM, what other well received publications on FSM have come out in 2013 and 2014? I am trying to put an quick overview together. Kind regards Trevor
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: muench October 21, 2014Hi Christoph, This is really an excellent video you produced there together with GIZ in Peru - well done! I really liked how so many different people spoke in the video (users, artisans and - very important - people from the different water utilities). Getting these water utilities on board is so important and you seem to have achieved that! Those 3D animati […]
- Re: Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: jonpar October 21, 2014just to say that one possibility might be using lime.. Oxfam has already been experimenting with lime in Philippines but as you will see from the programme on Channel4 - see www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss/on-demand/58259-001 it's a messy business and unless there is a safer way to mix lime with faecal sludge that has less occupational healt […]
- Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: jonpar October 21, 2014Dear all, I have recently commenced work for Oxfam as Senior WASH Programme Development Strategist and I am new to the "Emergency" working group. We have been discussing firstly what are the most effective treatment options to deactivate viruses and secondly what would be the most appropriate option for installation at an emergency health centre se […]
- Re: sanitation 21 - by: muench October 21, 2014Thanks for telling us about this revised version of Sanitation 21, Jonathan. I was wondering what is different to the previous version from 2005 and found it now on page 11: Relationship to the previous Sanitation21 document In 2006, an IWA Task Group produced a framework for city sanitation planning entitled Sanitation21 – Simple Approaches to Complex Sanit […]
- Re: New FSM book available now! Free PDF download, or hardcover textbook - IWA Publishing - by: tmsinnovation October 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites