New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: Maria123 October 23, 2014Dear Harold The dry system is used in poor communities, areas where flush-toilets will be too expensive. The Otji-Toilets are mostly found in the south of Namibia and the rural areas around the Otjiwarongo District. I hope I have answered your question. Greetings Maria
- Re: Reseach Topic Assistance - Otji toilets (UDDTs) in Namibia - by: Maria123 October 23, 2014The institution does have laboratories but the problem is that they are not in the same area. The research area will be in the south of Namibia while the institution is in the center of the country. It will be quiet costly having to travel back and forth because I didn't receive any funding for my research yet. However it would be interesting though to […]
- Faecal sludge technolologies in Malawi- modified treadle pump (pit pump) prototype - by: willychipeta October 23, 2014Note by moderator: See related thread here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/99-fae...i-urban-mzuzu-malawi ++++++++++++ My name is Willy Chipeta and I am 28 years old and pursuing a Master of Science in Sanitation by Research through the Department of Water Resource Management and Development at Mzuzu University in Malawi. I started the program in February […]
- The Nutritional Value of Toilets - by: F H Mughal October 23, 2014Has anybody ever seen the nutritional value of toilets - so to say? No, I reckon, the obvious answer. O.Kay, then follow this link and enjoy!! www.everywomaneverychild.org/news-events...nal-value-of-toilets F H Mughal
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 23, 2014Dear Florian, Thanks for your response - very interesting. Essentially, I'm wondering if the additional piping (see red pipe in attachment 2) will ensure that 'safer' water will drain into the second soakaway tank than the original piping set up in attachment 1? Richard
- Re: Article in The Namibian newspaper: Communities unhappy with dry toilet project - by: Maria123 October 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites