New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Wanted: New mentor for co-composting project in Benin! (pilot project by GIZ from 2012-2014) EBOLA - by: canaday October 2, 2014Dear Barbara and all, Ebola is a reason to do more and more UDDTs, not stopping to operate the ones that exist. Ebola is transmitted via bodily fluids, including feces, plus it causes diarrea. A detention time of 6 months in the Tropics would certainly be longer than necessary to eliminate this virus in the relatively dry and aerated conditions of a UDDT (es […]
- Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar - by: Hope October 1, 2014Due to popular demand, the DefeatDD team at PATH is sponsoring 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar. But we need your photos by October 12 to make it happen! Last year’s loos traveled (in calendar form) all over the world, from the Reinvent the Toilet Fair in India to a national sanitation policy conference in Kenya to US policymakers to commemorate World Pneum […]
- Re: Simple urine valves to control odour on waterless urinals or on urine diversion toilets - by: Ababu October 1, 2014We also have two additional successful innovations of the elastic balloon odour trap. The first one uses the balloon at the bottom of the funnel and will not be visible. It has smaller size to enter a pipe or jerrycan and has the advantage (disadvantage) that it will not be visible. The second innovation consists of a double balloon trap that consists of bal […]
- Re: Please take part in our SuSanA Discussion Forum User Survey - and win one of over 150 prizes! - by: muench October 1, 2014This post provides further background information about the Discussion Forum survey that is starting today and information about the prizes you can win by participating in this survey. The survey is open to anyone, whether a SuSanA member or not, but is designed for people who have used the Forum at least a little bit, be it for reading only or for posting a […]
- Re: FSM3 - International Faecal Sludge Management Conference 19-22 Jan 2015 in Hanoi, Vietnam - by: jonpar October 1, 2014Ok folks. here's what you've been waiting for.... draft programme for FSM3 conference and details of early bird subscription are available from the conference website at www.fsm3.org. Everyone who submitted abstracts (but not those who submitted workshop proposals) should have heard from World Smart Capital Initiative (conference organisers). Queri […]
- Re: Wanted: New mentor for co-composting project in Benin! (pilot project by GIZ from 2012-2014) EBOLA - by: canaday October 2, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites