New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: Thakur September 23, 2014Dear Chris, Thank you very much for the practical suggestions and commitment to support during execution. I hope I will have more chance to get more votes through this platform. If selected for funding, we may need to discuss on the proposal to adjust with the donor's criteria as well as to maintain the fundamental technical approaches. I will be in tou […]
- Re: Introducing Ecosec, new company from Montpellier - by: ben September 23, 2014Hi Kai, Thanks for your support, I'm totally with you on the inward focus we should have as well. How many of us consultants have had great time in exotics tropical countries with an expat livestyle when in our home doorsteps gipsy camps or native reservations have similarely bad sanitation conditions. How many of us are preaching dry toilets and don […]
- Re: Upcoming free online course (MOOC) on Planning & Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies (in English with French subtitles) - by: ulrichl September 23, 2014Dear colleagues / cher(e)s collègues Three more weeks until our free 5-weeks online course takes off! Sign up here today and receive a notification when the course starts. Encore trois semaines jusqu'au démarrage de notre cours gratuit de cinq semaines! Enregistrez ici encore aujourd'hui et recevez une notification au début du cours. Kind regards / […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: Frenoux September 23, 2014Hi Ben, The DEWAT system is already functionning and was also design by GRET and BORDA just for clarification... Best, Clément.
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: Carol McCreary September 23, 2014Thank you everyone. I was thrown off by the term term "wastewater". It is indeed very very broad, isn't it? On the one hand, it refers to everything that may enter a wastewater treatment plant (WWTP): human waste from toilets, greywater from kitchens and bathing, effluents from industry and manufacturing, which may include a range of toxins, s […]
- Re: Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: Thakur September 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites