New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management - by: AquaVerde September 1, 2014Dear Jürgen, Maybe Dr. Katja HANSEN, www.rsm.nl/research/departments/technolo...rchers/katja-hansen/ could help you on the issue a bit more direct, see e.g. part of her former work at: c2cislands.org/ toilets included. Good luck Detlef
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: JKMakowka September 1, 2014Not sure what Carol was referring to, but aquifer recharge using treated (!) waste-water (through infiltration/injection boreholes) is happening also in some regions. Edit: see here for example: www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/3/4/964
- Re: Do you know about wastewater disposal in deep wells in US? - by: Florian September 1, 2014Hi, I think "wastewater" here is waste from the oil and gas extraction industry. science.time.com/2013/07/12/deep-disposa...nked-to-earthquakes/ Regards, Florian
- GERMAN language Alternatives to "Schedule of services and fees for architects and engineers (HOAI) "? Re: Ecosanitation consulting/ designing fees - by: AquaVerde September 1, 2014Note by moderator: Title of this post (which is in German) is: GERMAN language Alternatives to "Schedule of services and fees for architects and engineers (HOAI) "? Re: Ecosanitation consulting/ designing fees +++++++++++ You may call it too: "Results-Based Consulting fees for Sanitation", coming from "Results-Based Financing for San […]
- Working Group 1 meeting - next Saturday 6th Sept 11:45-13:00 - by: dorothee.spuhler September 1, 2014Dear all Please find attached the agenda for our upcoming meeting on next Saturday 6th Sept 11:45-13:00. For general information on the meeting and to learn how to get there, please visit the meeting page. If you can not attend, be aware of the life streaming and the opportunity of online participation! Kind regards and looking forwards to seeing you soon! D […]
- Re: Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management - by: AquaVerde September 1, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites