New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene November - December 2014 Vol. 9 No.6 edition now released - by: mwaniki November 21, 2014Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene This is the November - December 2014 Vol. 9 No.6 You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications Comments are welcome. Kind regards St […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: denniskl November 21, 2014great feedback Chris From a marketing point of view, I am wondering if the attributes of your system could be packaged into a simple "Bog in a Bucket" type offering (name may need work - or maybe not) 0- and whether it would assist in uptake? I offer the below for discussion - and future collaboration for UDDT converts and believers:) For example,i […]
- Re: Reply: New video on Managing Feces in Sacks, plus online interview on UDDTs - by: canaday November 21, 2014Hi Everyone, (Here is the third installment of my responses to Dennis’s questions…) Toilet Structures Q9. What low-cost toilet structures have people seen that could be easily built by low resource communities? People mostly insist on making privacy walls with wooden planks, but these are costly and cause deforestation. Sometimes we build under the arrangeme […]
- Short recap of IWA conference on sustainable wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery in Kathmandu - by: Marijn Zandee November 21, 2014Dear all, I recently had the opportunity to participate in the “IWA specialist conference Global challenges: Sustainable wastewater treatment and resource recovery” here in Kathmandu. Which was quite interesting, and I would like to share some messages and impressions. The thing that surprised me most during the conference is how many research institutes, co […]
- Request for plastics expert for UDDT - by: MichaelCarr November 21, 2014Hi members> Do we have a plastics expert / manufacturer on board with knowledge on Acrylic vacuum thermo-forming and / or HDPE plastic for mass manufacture of UDDT's ? I want to find out about best solution for manufacturing different parts of my UDDT and pricing guideline. Also tooling costs for thermo-forming & HDPE and potential outputs for ma […]
- Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene November - December 2014 Vol. 9 No.6 edition now released - by: mwaniki November 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites