New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014About Safe Playground: thanks for the nice picture Jean-Christophe! Wherever relevant, promoting locally-made rugs to be used as playground should definitely be considered as an option for our WASH/Nut teams. Amicalement franck
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014Thanks Elisabeth, Please find below the answer to your questions: 1/ Who were the main actors of the " WASH and nut" discussion at the last WEDC conference: It was a side event organised by WEDC. For more details, you can contact: Anne Blikinshopp / WEDC conference manager. 2/ Would you agree with using the term faecally transmitted infections (FTI […]
- Video featuring CCODE’s work on UDDT –Ecosan toilets- in Malawi under the SHARE project - by: MarianaGallo November 26, 2014Hello Everyone, I am the Knowledge Management Officer for the Centre for Community Organisation and Development (CCODE), a Malawian NGO that works in rural and urban settlements in the country, in alliance with the Federation of the Rural and Urban Poor. Part of my work here is to document and disseminate further our work. An important part of this is what w […]
- Re: squat for money - The Squatty Potty - "healthy colon - healthy life" (product from the US) - by: emmaroach November 26, 2014Apparently people in the „western world“ start to overthink their habits. Same happens in Germany, here is a funny YouTube video where medical student Giulia Enders does a poetry slam on the often forgotten charm of our gastrointestinal tract (in German only): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC0LbBQunjY And, with focus to the health impact of a sitting posit […]
- Re: Shit flow diagrams - does it need to be called "shit"? The use of the term shit (a swear word or not?) in sanitation dialogues - by: phawkins November 26, 2014"Sanitation pathway" sounds good to me. I'm sure we can be creative. In the end we want to get the mesage across, and that will depend on the way we feel and the way our intended audience feels. I still have no issues with "shit" and dislike circumlocution, but if we can use words that convey the meaning OK, then fine. What we DO nee […]
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites