New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Design and Construction of Water Supply and Sanitary Facilities in Schools - by: muench November 26, 2014Yes, we have discussed this before on the forum (good memory, Mughal!), please see here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/27-sch...nded-toiletslearners The thread was called "looking for standards for school toilets, recommended toilets to learners ratio" Regards, Elisabeth
- Re: squat for money - by: muench November 26, 2014Ha, how did you find this video, Christoph? It's always nice to see sanitation discussed on mainstream media (with a bit of humor, too)! Here is the direct link to the video in the right spot: youtu.be/VDIQldVDuK0?t=20m26s If they have these very impressive sales numbers then why are they looking for further investors, I wonder? (interesting that they a […]
- Some upcoming changes to the forum categories - by: muench November 26, 2014Dear all, With this post, I just want to prepare you for some upcoming changes to the forum categories. You will notice this change in the next few days when the top bar with the icons will suddenly look different. These changes are based on the survey results (see here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/10-gen...2&start=12#11031 ) and I think are well d […]
- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: pippa November 26, 2014Hello All, I think the term 'shitflow' is very catchy and helps decision makers quickly appreciate what the diagram is showing. That said, one of the great strengths of these diagrams is as an advocacy tool i.e. that you can in fact walk into a Ministry and show unequivocally the sanitation status of their city, it would be a shame to lose that lev […]
- Re: A good guideline or protocol for assessing the technical functionality of sanitation technologies - by: Florian November 26, 2014Hi Jay, my colleagues at Skat have been working on a "Technology Applicability Framework", which perhaps is similar to what you have in mind. See here for the website: www.washtechnologies.net/en/ Best regards, Florian
- Re: Design and Construction of Water Supply and Sanitary Facilities in Schools - by: muench November 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites