New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- New guide: Non-conventional sewerage services. When to choose this option, how to implement this solution. - by: clj November 27, 2014The guide (called pS-Eau guide n°7. Non-conventional sewerage services. When to choose this option, how to implement this solution., J.M. Ily, C. Le Jallé, J. Gabert, D. Désille, pS-Eau, 2014) and the other outputs of the study on “non-conventional sewerage services” are available via this link in English and French: www.pseau.org/en/non-conventional-sewerag […]
- Re: About chlorine solution preparation - by: JKMakowka November 27, 2014Sometimes I think we need a proper WASH message board again, as questions like this are quite far off the normal spectrum for SuSanA... I assume the background of your question is preparing (medical) cleaning solutions from locally available bleach powder? Putting "preparing bleach solution" into google gave me the attached document as the first hi […]
- About chlorine solution preparation - by: Wubishet November 27, 2014Dear Team, I am working in an organization related with WASH activities in Ethiopia. Now, I would like to request you that how can I prepare strong and weak chlorine solution in context where graduated recipients are not available? would you like to send me doc about preparation of chlorine solution in the context of emergency situation? Sincerely, Wubishet […]
- Re: Fwd: AW: question on school toilet standards in different countries - by: denniskl November 26, 2014Just like community toilet projects, it's the complete cycle of installation, servicing, maintenance and repair that will keep school toilets being used and in good condition. And responsibility for these activities post-installation needs to be clear from the start - who, what, when, why etc So I think responsibility for failure of toilet facilities to […]
- Re: Sanitation awareness raising and World Toilet Day 2014 - by: bankabio November 26, 2014Banka BioLoo Pvt. Ltd. organized the event in collaboration with South Central Indian Railways on the occasion of World Toilet Day. The event was organized on a rail platform of the Secunderabad Railway Station (Hyderabad, India). Indian Railways Officers, along with public showed great enthusiasm in coming forward and participating in the event. The idea wa […]
- New guide: Non-conventional sewerage services. When to choose this option, how to implement this solution. - by: clj November 27, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites