- Re: Ebola KnowledgePoint - by: rkaupp October 22, 2014Dear Elisabeth, Thank you for moving the thread. KnowledgePoint is an initiatie by a few NGOs (WaterAid, RedR, Practical Action, EngineerAid, IRC...) to provide a place to ask technical questions, where specialists can answer. This is because these NGOs all had their internal "technical support" services, but without good platforms to do so). So Kn […]
- Re: Please take part in our SuSanA Discussion Forum User Survey - and win one of over 150 prizes! - by: Florian October 22, 2014I know how hard it is to get suffiecent people participating in an online survey... So I want to join those above in encouranging everybody who has not yet, to take the 5-10 min and fill out the form. Its done really quickly and will help to have a much more meaningfull result of the survey. It's also a good chance to express wishes for new or better fo […]
- Re: latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: Florian October 22, 2014Hi Richard, The baffle separates the tank in two compartments (some design have even 3 compartments), which helps retaining solids, either sludge sinking to the bottom or floating scum. The clarified liquid can be further treated or infiltrated. After a certain period, accumulated solids need to be pumped out, as otherwise volume for accumulation would becom […]
- Reseach Topic Assistance - Otji toilets (UDDTs) in Namibia - by: Maria123 October 22, 2014I'm a 3rd year student at the Polytechnic of Namibia. Studying towards a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health Science. Next year will be my final year and I will be required to conduct a research in any area relevant to my field of study. I've chosen to focus on water and sanitation in Namibia as that is where I have identified a gab in m […]
- latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks - by: rhockkh October 22, 2014Dear Colleagues, I have a latrine technology question about the use of two chamber rural latrine septic tanks (see attachment 1). It has been suggested to me that it is very important to include a ‘baffle’ (see attachment 2) inside the first sealed tank to drain blackwater from the middle of the tank into the second soakaway tank. This ‘baffle’ needs to drai […]
- Re: Ebola KnowledgePoint - by: rkaupp October 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites