- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: ben September 19, 2014Dear all, I wanted to comment the complexity of establishing a market-based solution for pit latrine emptying + treatment in Cambodia, having participated to the program in its early years. Being a country where law enforcement is particularly low, there was no hope that people would desludge properly from the fear of getting a fine. We therefore tried at th […]
- Re: Research of the effects of menstrual hygiene interventions on school attendance - by: thilde September 19, 2014Dear Steffi, From searching in PubMed, I have located more than 50 publications on menstrual hygiene - quantitative as well as quantitative. School attendance/absentiism is actually among the most well investigated factors, since it is fairly easy to correlate with a pad/menstrual cup intervention. The auhors of Sumpter (the most comprehensive review to date […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: muench September 19, 2014Kris: OK, then it's clear. Hopefully one day the comform level of toilets will no longer be judged only based on how much water they use (the more water, the more "comfortable" and therefore the better) but in terms of overall functionality – and if they are fit for purpose (and lack of smell; that's still key). Kai: If we try to take the […]
- Re: Toilettes sèches en République Démocratique du Congo - by: emmanuel September 19, 2014Bonjour, comme nous en avons discuté au téléphone, je peux vous aider sur le développement de cette technique en RDC. Il est important dans un premier temps de trouver un site pilote pour y faire un test, de voir si le produit est bien adapté ou non. J'attends de vos nouvelles. Emmanuel Morin +++++++++ Translation by Google Translate: hello, as we discu […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (twin pit pour flush toilets) - and general discussion - by: hriley September 19, 2014BlakeMcK wrote: Hi All, Elisabeth The project in Cambodia is the Sanitation Marketing Scale up (SMSU) project. It was an approximately 7 million dollar project awarded directly to iDE and funded by 3 donors - BMGF (about 4 mil), Stone (2.1 mil), and WSP (about 600K) Dear Blake- Thank you for giving so detailed responses to the questions in this forum. For cl […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (single or double pit pour flush toilets, Easy Latrine) - and general discussion - by: ben September 19, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites