- Re: Evidence-based sanitation advocacy in India to promote latrine use - by: pkjha August 29, 2014Hi Sangeeta As per the guidelines of NBA (earlier TSC) financial incentive will be provided after the construction and use of latrines. At policy level there is no problem in this regard. Main problem is almost complete lacking of monitoring (of construction and use of toilets) at the state and centre levels. Lack of awareness in rural areas is the most impo […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: HAPitot August 28, 2014Hello Jim, thanks for your interest! Concerning your questions: 1. The owner of the facility is the Adjumani Town Council. It was built and started up as a cooperation between GIZ and the Town Council. The operator is a local farmer and businessman who is also operating a cesspool emptying truck, and more recently something like a Gulper pit emptying machine […]
- Re: Stockholm World Water Week & SuSanA meeting: Suggestions for online participation during and after the events - by: Sowmya August 28, 2014Dear Elisabeth and Everyone, I am looking forward to the live streaming, thanks a ton! And, my apologies, I have not been regular in participation as I would have liked. (1) Video editing: We could perhaps split the activity into a few parts: (a) Split the 1.5 hour videos into 3-4 parts and upload on a discussion thread, (b) 3-4 volunteers could take up a pa […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: jcsmoot August 28, 2014Dear Hanns-Andre, Pawan, et al., Thank you for a great discussion! I have a few questions about the wetlands system in Adjumani Uganda. 1. Who is the “owner operator” of the wetlands? 2. What is the conveyance system that transports sewage to the wetlands? 3. Is there treatment of the sewage prior to the wetlands? 4. Has there been an attempt to harvest the […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: HAPitot August 28, 2014Dear Pawan, The reason is simply high rates of evapotranspiration. Because of the intermittent loading, the water is first filling pore space, and in order to maintain enough water for the plants, we were trying to keep the water level at a level just below the level of the original surface of the wetland. So, while that volume is filling up, nothing can com […]
- Re: Evidence-based sanitation advocacy in India to promote latrine use - by: pkjha August 29, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites