- Re: feces box - dry or damp - by: MichaelCarr December 28, 2014thank you all for your input; much appreciated. I was under the impression the feces / cover material should be kept damp. best regards. Mike To Chris: I have designed my own UDDT and have Prototype 1 fabricated in fibreglass. I will send you a photo file privately as I don't want it out in the public / main forum yet. cheers
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: Kevinkuhn December 27, 2014Thank you very much, Elisabeth Well, what I had in mind is that so far there has only been tests with Bokashi using food waste. Even the post that you´ve mentioned by Guillaume, claimed that they only experimented with ways to manage bio wastes. This supports my perception, that Fermentation has´t been done with human waste. Maybe I ask my question a bit mor […]
- Re: Featured User of the month December 2014 - Cécile Laborderie from France (Interview - Part 3) - by: F H Mughal December 27, 2014Dear Cecile, Many thanks for your useful response. You have provided a wealth of information. I deeply appreciate. Kind regards, and Happy New Year! F H Mughal
- Re: Le challenge "Réinventer les toilettes" de la Fondation Bill et Melinda Gates (in French) [The “Reinvent the Toilet” Challenge from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation] - by: Myango1 December 27, 2014Bonjour Cécile, A mon humble avis je pense qu'il y a une nécessité de Réinventer les toilettes, mais dans les pays sous développés il y a encore beaucoup a faire surtout pour les changement de mentalités. Réinventer les toilettes ne suffira pas pour promouvoir hygiène sanitaire dans les tiers monde.Nous risquons de commettre le même erreur du passée ou […]
- Re: feces box - dry or damp - by: muench December 27, 2014Dear all, I agree with what Marijn and Chris have written above about striving for dryness in the faeces box of a UDDT. In addition, I would like to add this: The foremost concern is to keep the toilet odour free. And that is achieved with faeces that are kept as dry as possible. Dryness also helps with pathogen kill. So I would always strive for dryness. Al […]
- Re: feces box - dry or damp - by: MichaelCarr December 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites