This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Sanitation Research for the 21st Century, 18th Nov, London - by: AParker October 30, 2014Tuesday 18th November 2014, 6:00 - 8:00 pm, Royal Opera Arcade Gallery, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 4UY Staged within the WSUP “My Toilet” photography exhibition space, this exciting event will offer an opportunity to catch up on the multi-faceted sanitation research currently being carried out by WSUP and Cranfield University: find out what we and our partners a […]
- Help fund the 25$ portable washing-machine from India - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Found this pretty interesting innovation from India: trak.in/tags/business/2014/10/29/portabl...ne-priced-rs1500-25/ www.indiegogo.com/projects/unique-bucket...mini-washing-machine Interestingly they also specifically mention it as saving water compared to regular hand-washing and also being more hygienic when washing things separately. Sadly no solar powere […]
- Re: Survey to help with final year product design project on sanitation within a developing country. - by: BStalker October 30, 2014Was this the one at the prison? I was there for that, was funny to see
- Re: Survey to help with final year product design project on sanitation within a developing country. - by: JKMakowka October 30, 2014Ah, by the way: Future FSM entrepreneurs at work in Kampala (was taken on the World Water Day earlier this year).
- Re: Questionnaire on Inclusive WASH in schools in low income countries - by: darao October 30, 2014Dear Mughal, thank you very much for sharing the link and documents. "Fit for school" provide good example to understand current progress, approach and practice of school hygiene as part of collaborative effort to improve all health related practices of school children. It will be very interesting when " Future collaboration with the water and […]
- Sanitation Research for the 21st Century, 18th Nov, London - by: AParker October 30, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites