This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Re: A grey water dam for the treatment and reuse of grey water for single and multiple households - by: Ababu October 20, 2014For those who asked me about the detail of the design of grey water dam that i posted here, i have published the research in the Journal of Water Resource and Protection. Below is the link to the publication and you can download the pdf file from this site: www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.a...D=50581#.VEVjgxaQ4hA I have also attached the pdf file here […]
- Re: Sanitation interventions during Ebola epidemic - by: arno October 20, 2014Ebola Outbreak: NEJM Live Audio Webcast. click2.nejm.org/cts/click?q=66666779%3B6...BrvS9GG5aww20Dc%2Bfa A special invitation for valued readers of the New England Journal of Medicine, a publication of NEJM Group. NEJM Live Audio Webcast: Ebola Outbreak Experts discuss virology, epidemiology, and clinical care October 22, 2014 | 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET What Cli […]
- Re: Interview Part 3 - by: secretariat October 20, 2014The following is the last part of Jonathan's interview on becoming the featured user of October, 2014. Part 3: About Jonathan’s opinions about the forum What is making you write on the forum - what do you expect by making posts? How have you benefited yourself from using the forum? I think the Forum is an excellent place for people to share their ideas […]
- Online Training this Thursday: Introduction to Environmental Sanitation - by: cmason October 20, 2014CAWST, the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology, is hosting a free one-hour webinar, "Introduction to Environmental Sanitation", this Thursday, October 23rd. CAWST is a Calgary, Canada-based international WASH NGO. The webinar will be delivered by two of CAWST's international technical advisors. See registration details below: […]
- Re: NaWaTech Compendium of Technologies avaliable on SuSanA library - by: pkjha October 20, 2014Dear All I have just gone through the book particularly the chapters dealing with waste water treatment. It is collection of available technologies. It mentions technologies – ABR, Anaerobic filter, SBR, MBR, MMBR, biogas technology, and sludge drying beds- planted and unplanted and others. It lacks technical details of the technologies mentioned. Some chapt […]
- Re: A grey water dam for the treatment and reuse of grey water for single and multiple households - by: Ababu October 20, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites