This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Re: New book on "Anaerobic digestion of organic solid waste" - and interlinkages between waste recycling and sanitation? - by: zurbrugg October 31, 2014Thank you for the feedback and comments on our AD-Handbook. Patrick, I’d like to refer to two textbooks, which provide more details on the fundamental principles of anaerobic treatment processes, incl. biochemistry: - Mata-Alvarez, J. (2003): Biomethanization of the organic fraction of municipal solid wastes. IWA publishing. London - Palmisano, A.C. & Ba […]
- New IDS Working Paper on Re-framing Undernutrition - by: Petra October 31, 2014Hot off the press, a new IDS Working Paper by Robert Chambers (CLTS Knowledge Hub at IDS) and Gregor von Medeazza (UNICEF): Re-framing Undernutrition: Faecally-Transmitted Infections and the 5 As In this IDS Working Paper, Robert Chambers and Gregor von Medeazza argue for a more inclusive framework for thinking about and dealing with undernutrition. One conc […]
- Innovation Grant Programme: Call for concept notes - by: IGP October 31, 2014Dear all, The Innovation Grant Program for Pro-poor Service Delivery is a competitive grant and partnership program that is being implemented by the Millennium Challenge Account-Zambia (MCA-Zambia) with funding provided by the Millennium Challenge Corporation under a Compact signed between the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of Z […]
- Re: Developing urine diversion systems in a developed world context - by: noe-hays October 31, 2014One point of clarification: an earlier post in this thread made reference to "Rich Earth Ostara" and I just want to point out that those are two different organizations. The Rich Earth Institute collects pure urine from UDDTs and waterless urinals for treatment and reuse in liquid form, while Ostara reactors typically extract struvite from centrali […]
- Sanitation Research for the 21st Century, 18th Nov, London - by: AParker October 30, 2014Tuesday 18th November 2014, 6:00 - 8:00 pm, Royal Opera Arcade Gallery, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 4UY Staged within the WSUP “My Toilet” photography exhibition space, this exciting event will offer an opportunity to catch up on the multi-faceted sanitation research currently being carried out by WSUP and Cranfield University: find out what we and our partners a […]
- Re: New book on "Anaerobic digestion of organic solid waste" - and interlinkages between waste recycling and sanitation? - by: zurbrugg October 31, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites