For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Safer siting of sanitation systems : An introduction to criteria for risk reduction to groundwater quality - by: christoph September 18, 2014Hi Kris, I thought of something like the Table 8.2 in the document you posted. To explain with a bit more imagination possibility for distances the problem. Nothing sientific for all cases. Christoph
- Re: Debate about effectiveness of CLTS, prompted by UNICEF official after book launch about CLTS in Madagascar - by: DavidAlan September 18, 2014As an update to my question, I have been sent a copy of the email that prompted it. It has been sent to me in confidence, but the issue surrounds the numbers quoted as 'triggered' in the book are far higher than those believed to be the case on the ground. For me this is interesting because in Sierra Leone we have visited villages that have been de […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: JKMakowka September 18, 2014muench wrote: Kris: I didn't fully understand your statement: Thus at least as far as my line of work is concerned, only a as convenient to use design stands a chance in the longer run. Would you say a UDDT is convenient enough to use or would you say that only flush toilets are convenient enough to use to "stand a chance in the longer run"? I […]
- Re: Safer siting of sanitation systems : An introduction to criteria for risk reduction to groundwater quality - by: JKMakowka September 18, 2014Hmm, but that can become very quickly very complicated see for example the attached guidelines.
- Re: Concern’s technical brief on “How to better link WASH and nutrition programmes” - by: stesi September 18, 2014Thanks Franck, very useful and excellent compilation !!
- Re: Safer siting of sanitation systems : An introduction to criteria for risk reduction to groundwater quality - by: christoph September 18, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites