For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: caetano November 26, 2014Hi, As Cecilia correctly mentioned shit is translated as "merda" in Portuguese (at least in Brazil), not "merde" as mentioned in Peter's post. However, "merda" in Portuguese, in my opinion is a bit offensive; particularly if you are speaking to people in a more authoritative position in formal contexts. I think though that […]
- Re: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014 - by: mwaniki November 26, 2014Hi Chris and the forum Am sorry for posting this thanking you rather late for your article which was published in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene November - December 2014 Vol.9 No.8 edition. But as they say in English – Its better late than never. Am afraid to say I was bogged down by an assignment. Apologies. Is this the way you would have liked […]
- Re: Reply: The excravator (power auger) to empty pits (North Carolina State University, USA) - now field testing - by: FrancisdelosReyes November 25, 2014Hi Tsepo, Actually, Chris Buckley at UKZN has a prototype of the Excrevator. Unfortunately, we need to solve the trash problem- there is too much trash in many VIPs in Durban, and that will jam the screw auger. We are working on other methods for trash removal before pit emptying. Francis
- Re: "Fishing" for solid waste in a pit latrine - have you seen people do it? (example from Malawi) - by: FrancisdelosReyes November 25, 2014We've also seen the way they do it in Blantyre, Malawi. Trash, unfortunately, is going to be there- as long as there are no solid waste disposal facilities. We have been working on the Excrevator, a screw auger for emptying pit latrines, and while it can handle solid waste, it will get jammed with too much. We are now experimenting with new ways of doin […]
- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: CeciliaRodrigues November 25, 2014Dear Peter, I am interested in knowing the terms in Portuguese you used when talking to the Mozambican Planning Ministry. Every time I translate into Portuguese it sounds awkward to me. I have faced diverse reactions in Brazil. I normally use 'Diagrama do fluxo da merda' or 'Diagrama do fluxo de dejetos', but I am still not sure how to ad […]
- Re: RE: shit flow diagrams - does it need to be shit? - by: caetano November 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites