For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Uttar Pradesh rape and murder of cousins who were grabbed while using a field as a toilet (India) - and Violence, Gender and WASH - by: Alex August 21, 2014Dear SuSanA, It took me a while to take up this theme again, but I would like to provide some lessons learnt from my recent trip to Uttar Pradesh (UP). I went there on a different assignment but used the opportunity to look also into the terrible incident that was discussed here in the forum and what has happened afterwards. I had some quite depressing insig […]
- Re: A grey water dam for the treatment and reuse of grey water for single and multiple households - by: fppirco August 21, 2014Dear Ababu Thank you so much for your comprehensive explanation , I am very interested in water recycled and reusing on bio remediation and wetland based but I am laboratory technologist as well as I teach material safety data sheet(MSDS) to university students (B.Sc.M.Sc and (Ph.D) yes you work on grey water ,but today kitchen washing(Dish washing) and laun […]
- pilot project on UDDTs and composting by GIZ in Benin - by: muench August 21, 2014Dear Barbara, Thanks a lot for informing us about your pilot project in Benin which has now come to an end and which involved 30 UDDTs (28 at household level and 2 at public level) and community-level composting. I see that the SuSanA case study about this project and additional documents are now available here: www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/20 […]
- Re: A grey water dam for the treatment and reuse of grey water for single and multiple households - by: Ababu August 20, 2014Dear Mohammed: Thank you for your interest in the grey water dam. Yes quality and characterizing the possible health risk is part of our research concern. We believe the grey water dam set up provides a better barrier against pathogen compared to the vertical grey water tower because the grey water tends to get soaked up in the vertical grey water tower from […]
- Recode Intro to Policy Level Activism Oct 4-5th in Portland, OR, USA - by: molly August 20, 2014Recode is offering a free two day training on how to change codes to legalize sustainable sanitation in the US. This training is a great chance to learn how Recode has been so effective at changing codes (Oregon statewide legalization of graywater reuse and site built and non NSF composting toilets) so quickly and apply these lessons to your own passions. We […]
- Re: Uttar Pradesh rape and murder of cousins who were grabbed while using a field as a toilet (India) - and Violence, Gender and WASH - by: Alex August 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites