For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: kevintayler December 28, 2014Dear All Bokashi is related to 'Effective Micro-organisms' or EM, which were 'discovered' by a Japanese professor perhaps 25 years ago. I think that the bokashi that is used as a fertilizer is made by adding EM to ordinary compost. EM consists of a cocktail of microorganisms and lactic acid. You will find many claims for EM on the interne […]
- Re: Festival toilets in Europe (Great Britain, France, Germany, ...) - by: Pootopia December 28, 2014[Start of Page 3 of the discussion] We are now very ready to go to supply up to 1200 loos into the german festival market.. So it is now not a problem regarding supplying events with how ever many they need. We are really looking forward to hearing from different people and businesses who may be interested in using the Natural Event loos and systems in a fra […]
- Re: Featured User of the month December 2014 - Cécile Laborderie from France (Interview - Part 3) - by: Myango1 December 28, 2014Madame Cécile, I am a Congolese by nationality,medical doctor and Public Health officer by professional currently working in Northern Uganda in post conflict areas. First,I would like to wish you and your family Happy new year 2015 Secondly,I do appreciate so much your background and general opinion toward sanitation! Indeed if we have super powers, one thin […]
- Re: feces box - dry or damp - by: MichaelCarr December 28, 2014thank you all for your input; much appreciated. I was under the impression the feces / cover material should be kept damp. best regards. Mike To Chris: I have designed my own UDDT and have Prototype 1 fabricated in fibreglass. I will send you a photo file privately as I don't want it out in the public / main forum yet. cheers
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: Kevinkuhn December 27, 2014Thank you very much, Elisabeth Well, what I had in mind is that so far there has only been tests with Bokashi using food waste. Even the post that you´ve mentioned by Guillaume, claimed that they only experimented with ways to manage bio wastes. This supports my perception, that Fermentation has´t been done with human waste. Maybe I ask my question a bit mor […]
- Re: Bokashi and Sanitation? - by: kevintayler December 28, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites