For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Sanitation awareness raising and World Toilet Day 2014 - by: bankabio November 26, 2014Banka BioLoo Pvt. Ltd. organized the event in collaboration with South Central Indian Railways on the occasion of World Toilet Day. The event was organized on a rail platform of the Secunderabad Railway Station (Hyderabad, India). Indian Railways Officers, along with public showed great enthusiasm in coming forward and participating in the event. The idea wa […]
- Re: Looking for standards for school toilets (recommended toilets:learners) - by: jbr November 26, 2014Thanks for the posts on school toilets. Slightly outside the subject, but linked: Is there a standard for handwashing taps/stations to learners? Very best, John
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014About Safe Playground: thanks for the nice picture Jean-Christophe! Wherever relevant, promoting locally-made rugs to be used as playground should definitely be considered as an option for our WASH/Nut teams. Amicalement franck
- Re: 8 practical ideas to link more WASH and Nutrition programmes - by: franckconcern November 26, 2014Thanks Elisabeth, Please find below the answer to your questions: 1/ Who were the main actors of the " WASH and nut" discussion at the last WEDC conference: It was a side event organised by WEDC. For more details, you can contact: Anne Blikinshopp / WEDC conference manager. 2/ Would you agree with using the term faecally transmitted infections (FTI […]
- Video featuring CCODE’s work on UDDT –Ecosan toilets- in Malawi under the SHARE project - by: MarianaGallo November 26, 2014Hello Everyone, I am the Knowledge Management Officer for the Centre for Community Organisation and Development (CCODE), a Malawian NGO that works in rural and urban settlements in the country, in alliance with the Federation of the Rural and Urban Poor. Part of my work here is to document and disseminate further our work. An important part of this is what w […]
- Re: Sanitation awareness raising and World Toilet Day 2014 - by: bankabio November 26, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites