For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Brian Arbogast's blog post: Choosing the right post-2015 sanitation indicators - by: Roshan August 27, 2014Hi, Brian Arbogast, Director, Water Sanitation Hygiene, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recently posted a blog on Devex*: Choosing the right post -2015 sanitation indicators www.devex.com/news/choosing-the-right-po...ion-indicators-84219 As we had quite a few posts on the forum about the post-2015 sanitation indicators, I thought this blog post would be […]
- Re: Rate of filtration of septage through sand filter beds and technology for septage management - by: pkjha August 27, 2014Dear All The following macrophytes are commonly used for constructed planted drying bed: Reeds (Phragmites sp.) cattails (Typha sp.) Antelope grass (Echinochloa sp.) and Papyrus (Cyperus papyrus). Biogas generation from septage from household septic tanks is not economically viable option as such septage are almost completely degraded/ semi degraded. From pu […]
- Introducing the 3rd edition of the Global Handwashing Day Planner's Guide - by: WASHanna August 27, 2014The Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing is very excited to announce the launch of the 3rd edition of the Global Handwashing Day Planner's Guide! Complete with background information, handwashing facts, and a step-by-step guide to celebration planning, this Planner's Guide is an essential resource for coordinating a Global Handwashing […]
- Re: Live streaming of 18th SuSanA Meeting from Stockholm on Saturday (6th Sep) - by: secretariat August 27, 2014Dear Forum Users, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO CANNOT MAKE IT TO STOCKHOLM! We will be streaming the 18th SuSanA Meeting LIVE on Saturday (6th of September). Forum Users can view the sessions taking place between 9:00am - 11:15am and 2:00pm - 4:30pm (CEST - Central European Summer Time). Viewers can be active simultaneously on Twitter Chat (Tweetchat), post […]
- Re: Worms, worms, worms... - by: smecca August 27, 2014Mougabe, It's interesting that you mention this. I suspect the mass- and pathogen- reduction are very similar. Some of our toilet MAKERs believe they are using one species when we notice that they are using another; yet the results seem similar. Lumbricus rubellus, e. fetida (e foetida in the old spelling) and Eudrilus eugeniae will often get confused b […]
- Brian Arbogast's blog post: Choosing the right post-2015 sanitation indicators - by: Roshan August 27, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites