For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: muench October 21, 2014Hi Christoph, This is really an excellent video you produced there together with GIZ in Peru - well done! I really liked how so many different people spoke in the video (users, artisans and - very important - people from the different water utilities). Getting these water utilities on board is so important and you seem to have achieved that! Those 3D animati […]
- Re: Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: jonpar October 21, 2014just to say that one possibility might be using lime.. Oxfam has already been experimenting with lime in Philippines but as you will see from the programme on Channel4 - see www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss/on-demand/58259-001 it's a messy business and unless there is a safer way to mix lime with faecal sludge that has less occupational healt […]
- Deactivation of viruses (notably ebola virus) in feacal sludges from emergencies health centres - by: jonpar October 21, 2014Dear all, I have recently commenced work for Oxfam as Senior WASH Programme Development Strategist and I am new to the "Emergency" working group. We have been discussing firstly what are the most effective treatment options to deactivate viruses and secondly what would be the most appropriate option for installation at an emergency health centre se […]
- Re: sanitation 21 - by: muench October 21, 2014Thanks for telling us about this revised version of Sanitation 21, Jonathan. I was wondering what is different to the previous version from 2005 and found it now on page 11: Relationship to the previous Sanitation21 document In 2006, an IWA Task Group produced a framework for city sanitation planning entitled Sanitation21 – Simple Approaches to Complex Sanit […]
- Option to 'unsubscribe' from the SuSanA news mail - by: secretariat October 21, 2014Dear forum users, The 'unsubscribe' feature is now active. Forum users who do not want to receive the SuSanA news mail can utilise this feature. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions below. 1. Go to www.susana.org and login using your user name and password. 2. Click 'Change your details' option. 3. Scroll down to the option […]
- Re: City Partnerships for Urban Sanitation Service Delivery (BMGF and DfID funded) - by: muench October 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites